14 Maintenance Tips To Keep Your Drainage System Blockage - Free
Blocked Drains Can Happen At The Least Convenient Times, And Can Be A Nightmare. A clogged drain could lead to several hazards such as flooding, leakage, air pollution due to stagnant water in the drain and may even put your health at risk. Through routine check - ups and tweaks, these setbacks can be easily avoided.
Anything from a build - up of debris, grease, tree roots or other small obstructions can lead to drain blockage. Even if blockages don't occur in your own pipes, they can happen in the larger main lines q leading to problem's for a number of people.
Why Let Your Drainage System Get Clogged Up When With These Fifteen Maintenance Tips, You Can Prevent It?
1. Get a plunger and use it - plungers work effectively on minor clogs.
2. Raise the stoppers in your bath tub and clean out debris. Don't forget to wash the stopper before putting it back in the drain.
3. If You And Your Family Shed A Lot Of Hair, Check For A Mesh Barrier To Prevent Hair From Getting Caught In The Drain. Make sure hair does not go into the pipes of the bathroom the same way you prevent food from going down the kitchen sink when you do the dishes.
4. Brush your hair before showering or bathing to collect loose hair on your brush instead of in your drain.
5. Install grates over your drains to prevent large obstructions. Buy Anti - Bacteria Drain Cleaners That Won't Cause Corrosion.
6. Avoid growing a tree or flowers near the pipework of your drainage system to minimise clogging due to root intrusion.
7. Sign an annual contract with a drainage company. The good thing about this is, they perform occasional drainage inspections and maintenance services on your drainage system. Drainage Swansea is a fine example of companies that offer this service in Swansea. The drainage system of your home will benefit from maintenance and telling your family about this is a good idea.
8. Steer clear of chemical cleaners. Which can be damaging and corrosive.
9. You Have A Separate Dustbin For A Reason. Dumping materials into it is a no - no.
10. Do not pour the following down the drain cosmetics, medicine, condoms, hair, gum, rice, meat, coffee, fat, oil and grease.
11. Ensure that only water flows down your sink drain and nothing but urine, faeces and water through your toilet drain.
12. As A Practical Technique; Use A Straightened Wire Coat Hanger With A Hooked End, And Slide It Into The Drain Hole. extract Debris And Similar Blockages From Your Drains.
13. Occasionally, pour some hot salty water into your sink to dissolve any accumulating grease in your drains.
14. There are many other ways to maintain your drains, some which work, and some which don't. The main thing is to never use acidic solutions.
In the event that you tried all the tips mentioned here but still have trouble with your drain and have no contact details of any drain company, do not damage your drain by applying too much force to it Don's worry about it and call a plumber to have a look. If you reside in or near Swansea, then the technicians at Drainage Swansea are your best option.